Monday, March 1, 2010

The Long Haul

Changes, good and bad.

Work: I'm stepping down as a Shift Supervisor at Starbucks. I have loved the job but I don't feel satisfied in my life. It takes a lot out of me to work odd hours and not have a schedule that is regular. I'm not a kid any more, so I need something steady.

Travel: I had a great time in Vegas, but the trip left me thinking about friends. Who supports me and lifts me up? Who do I lift up and support? Who drags me down? Who do I bring down? In this year of transformation I need to transform my friendships. Some will transform into more, some less and some into nothingness.

Life: I'm alive. I've been through a lot in my few years here and I'm so grateful for the lessons I have learned. I'm scared of the lessons that are coming up, but I'm open to them and embrace them as they come.

Being open to everything. That's my new motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment