Saturday, October 26, 2013

Back in the Saddle... Again

OK!

March 9, 2014 is the 3rd Annual San Diego Half Marathon. I'm a "Legacy" runner (meaning I've done them all since this race began) and I'm really out of shape. So, to motivate myself and to keep myself honest I'll be blogging my progress here.

Where I'm starting:

Height: 6 ft 3 in
Weight: 308 lbs

This week I plan to walk today (Saturday 10/26) and then Monday, Wednesday and Friday for one hour each day. This is to get the "sedentary" out of my sad ass and to get back into the groove.

After this week I plan to start interval training with Podrunner Intervals. This is my favorite way to get into running and it's worked before. The only other thing I can think of to add to this is to rapidly drop weight and there's not enough time or money for a liquid diet (i.e. Optifast/Medifast/Nutrimed). So, I plan to adjust my eating and sleep habits to get myself in line with the success I'm going to have.

One last thing: I have a job. I have been unemployed since June 2012 and now it's October 2013. I've learned a lot about myself and it's time to take my life to the next level, people.

So many blessings! Time to make it worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment