Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 has started and I'm here blogging about how much weight I've lost. I'm also restoring my iPod because it's starting to fail big time so I have a mariachi band tooting every 30 seconds as the equipment shuts on and off.

I've looked over my last few years and have seen how invested I've been in things that get me no where. Also people. An old friend of mine came into town and like the last few times he's come in I find out last minute and there's a party being thrown. He likes to tell me about this the day before and I usually have plans or I have to go to bed early. So, it's his loss.

I also found out that a good friend of mine has been coming into town regularly but I've never been told. And, as much as I would love to say these people are crappy I have to take a moment and ponder what it is in my life that I've done to be the guy you don't want to tell when you're heading into town.



But I digress. I go to Disney World on Monday and I took a few minutes to look over my posts from August until now and to think of all the things I've done is quite remarkable.

I'm down to 203 lbs. I haven't had a drink in 20 weeks or a cigarette since February. But I think the biggest accomplishment I've made has been to forgive myself and forgive my past.

My big bro and sis-in-law come in on Sunday but I fly out Monday morning. We'll just miss each other, but I go knowing I'll be in the better, cooler more awesome place and they just have to suck it up and deal. (Just kidding. I mean, yeah, I'll be having fun but they'll have unrestricted access to Mom & Dad).

One last thing: I switch to nights when I come back. 3:30 to 11:45 PM. We'll see how that goes... .

No comments:

Post a Comment