Thursday, January 24, 2013

Law of Attraction

I watched "The Secret."

I really don't give a rat's ass if you think it's hooey or dumb. I don't care if you missed the point and ask "what about the worlds ills" and such. You clearly weren't paying attention.

One thing I have learned in life is this: I can only control Me. I can't make someone think something, do something, be something, like something, etc. I can, however, do that for myself. I can learn to like certain people, situations, experiences, and what-not. I can also change my mind, convince myself of anything and so-on. But, I'm not capable of feeding every starving man, woman or child. But I can, however, do things to help. I can pray and donate money.

One idea that I was totally in love with was this quick idea from Mother Teresa: Don't go to an anti-war rally. you are giving credence to WAR. Go to a PEACE rally. Promote Peace.

It's in the perspective. It's in the specificity of the idea. You asked for something to stop but not anything to put in it's place. Stop War. But the universe doesn't like this. Peace is implied, of course but that's not what is being asked for. Ask for Peace. Peace replaces War. Ask for abundance for all people. Abundance replaces starvation and poverty.

I see so much in my life I would like to bring into existence and I think it's been my mind-set to repel positive things. I think this is the lineage of my family and it is a piece I have to break and replace with positivity.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment