Monday, January 21, 2013

Woops, I Did It Again.

Well, I've gone and done it now. I've gained back my weight and I'm kinda sad about it. But I'm not angry at myself. One thing I've learned is this: Fighting the good fight is hard and it's the strategy that counts.

On Optifast, I was taking an easy route to be thin. As I have learned, this is not a plan that is set up to be a lasting success but it did give me a huge change in perspective.

So, with that perspective and Cut The Fat Podcast I'm going to work at making myself feel better and get healthy. Here's some agreements I'm making with myself:



30/30 Challenge:
Rain or shine, I will do some sort of exercise for 30 minutes for the next 30 days. I’ll incorporate interval training (run/walk) and resistance training. 
 
10%, Then Wait, Rinse Repeat:


It’s a step-wise goal. I will aim to lose 10% of my body weight. Then I will do everything within my power to maintain that weight for 3-6 months. Then I will begin again repeating this process until I reach my goal weight.

Food is Fuel. Find Fun Fuel!
I’ll make it easy for myself to eat healthier. No refined foods. Cutting out refined sugar, pasta, etc. I will find whole grains, vegetables and lean proteins to provide energy for my body.
 
Track It!
I’ll track my nutrition and caloric intake for the first 30 days to learn what I eat and how much.

No comments:

Post a Comment