Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Once Again... But, With Feeling!

Ok, I'm going to start a weight loss attempt again and this time I'm ready.

Here's what I've learned from Cut The Fat Podcast:
- Have ways to measure your success
I'm going to do this 2 ways- First by weighing myself once a week on Sundays. Second is actual measurements in inches (ex: chest, arm, thigh, hips, waist... etc.).
- Build muscle
I'm going to hit the gym 3 times a week and I'll start with an over-all body workout and then as I progress I will switch to focusing on individual body parts and going 5 days a week.
- Eat healthier
I'm going to cut out the sugar, refined carbs and over-indulgent portions.

And, what are my starting stats?
Weight: 304 lbs
Neck: 16.5"
Arm (bicep): 16.5"
Chest: 52"
Waist: 52"
Hips: 50"
Thigh: 28"
Calf: 18.5"

The first goal is to drop 10% of my weight and maintain that for a period of 3-6 months. According to the podcast and some reading I've done, if you lose a lot of weight your body will want to return to the starting weight. The theory is the Set Point Theory and it goes something like this:

You body likes it's current weight. If you lose or gain then your body will do everything it can to return to that original weight... however, i you lose 10% of the total weight and maintain that weight loss for 3-6 months then your body will re-set it's comfy weight to the new weight.

So, I'm off to lose 30 lbs in the next 16 weeks and then keep it off for 12-24 weeks and then do it again. If I lose 30 lbs I'll be around 270, then another 27 lbs will make it 242, then lose 24 and that's 219. then 200. 4 sets to bring me to my goal weight. That's 2 to 3 years for the total loss and I know it will be worth the effort. No crazy diets, no sucking shakes and losing 9 pounds a week. 2 lbs a week and I'm ecstatic with that.

Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment